Northern Coast of Scotland - April

Original Post
Amy Bannon · · Arizona · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 0

Hey all,

I am traveling to Scotland mid April to bikepack and climb seastacks. My partner had to bail due to work obligations, and before turning it into a solo trip wanted to see if anyone in the UK or elsewhere would want to join.

It'll be about a week of travel by bike and is guaranteed to be a full value adventure. I have a full itinerary that I can send to those interested.

Best,

Amy

duncan... · · London, UK · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 0

Bumping a worthy goal.

Cycle touring in northern Scotland would be great, the sea stacks tour would be great, cycle touring with a trad. rack and ropes sounds like hard work...

Scotland in April can be lovely... or freezing cold. Try to make it late in the month if you can, May would be better if at all possible. Note dates of ascent here. April will be midge-free, a big advantage, but there will be lots of nesting seabirds on some of the stacks. Fulmar vomit is notoriously pungent and resistant to conventional laundry techniques, take a change of clothes.

Amy Bannon · · Arizona · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 0

Thank you for the great info and for bumping this post! I would be bringing a light single rack, and would certainly be going towards the end of the month. I wish I could make May work, that would be ideal.

I appreciate the input!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply