Want climbing photos in SLC?

Original Post
Josh Ruchty · · Salt Lake City · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 0

Hey all, I just quit my day job, moved into a camper, and officially launched my adventure photography business, Mobius Photography (business license and everything)! Pretty stoked. Anyway, most of my shots are taken while out having fun, but I'm looking to get a little experimental with climbing photos: rigging photographer-ropes on adjacent routes, setting up remote flashes, lighting umbrellas etc.

So I was thinking if you want some cool climbing pictures and don't mind putting in some effort for the setup (as well as some patience while I play around with my gear), I'll give you all the best images free of charge. I just need a model.

I'm flexible with time. Ideal locations are routes with clean backgrounds (blue skies, solid slabs of rock, distant backgrounds). If we're bouldering in the shade for example, we can experiment with dramatic lighting and such.

I've been climbing over 15 years, mostly indoors but I have a lot of multipitch sport experience. Holler if you want to get together!

mobius.adventure.photography@gmail.com
www.mobius.photography

Ty Falk · · Park City, UT · Joined Nov 2011 · Points: 25

^ya Sam get some!!

Old lady H · · Boise, Idaho · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 120

Looks good! Hope it does well for you, being a photog is a lot more work than folks realize.

Specific to climbing? Your black and whites above are lovely, but, they could just be run of the mill portrait studio shots. With the feet out of the picture, and the appearance of just standing there, they just don't quite say "climbing". Subtle, but my first impression. I do like the first one, best, though. A good clean portrait.

Hubby was a photojournalist, back when it meant something, so I've stared at a lot of photos over the decades. Also was the pack mule for the tripods more than once, including up north America's highest sand dune!

Best wishes, Helen

Donovan Allen · · Subaru · Joined May 2012 · Points: 350

Get yoself a static line and acsenders

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply