mid march moonlight buttress

Original Post
Jake wander · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 5

just wondering if anyone has an idea of the number of groups to expect on MB in the middle of the week in the middle of march. i understand that things can vary, just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

i tried asking NPS but their information wasnt specific to that time of year.

our hope is that itll still be cool enough (highs 55, lows 29) that we wont have a ton of competition.

thanks

Rob T · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2006 · Points: 10

Prime season. If you want relatively limited traffic Dec/Jan are your best bets.

Rob T wrote:Prime season. If you want relatively limited traffic Dec/Jan are your best bets.
ah shoot. everything i read stated april as prime season, so we hoped to beat the crowd.

ok thanks.
Andy Novak · · Golden, Co · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 5
Jake wander wrote: our hope is that itll still be cool enough (highs 55, lows 29) that we wont have a ton of competition. thanks
??? That's the start of the prime season. You'll have company. Be fast and efficient and don't spend the night on the route.
Rob T · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2006 · Points: 10

The crowding of the desert. Craging used to be empty Nov-Feb, now there really isn't much of an off season. I can't remember the last time I saw the big 3(MB, TS, &SS) empty during a sunny weather window, even in January.

thanks rob, maybe we will go in feb.

we dont need the route to ourselves, but we dont really want to be stuck behind slow people or what not. hoping our willingness to sleep in the cold will thin the crowd

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply