Need partner(s) for a 4 day RR traverse!

Original Post
Flavaflav · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 385

Hello!

I am a local looking to fullfill a dream of mine, which is to climb technical routes for 4 days, mostly requiring bivys. Day 1 and 2 are already filled, consisting of Middle Earth to Bridge Mountain, then down to Dark Shadows to summit Mescalito.

I need a partner for Day 3 and 4, requiring a partner for Honeycomb Chimney, up a series of broken buttress above Rose tower, following the NE rib of The Brownstone wall, traverse the gunsight and then hopefully following a new line following the skyline of the NW ridge of the Rainbow wall with its characteristic notch. I am going up there tomorrow to suss out how that last part looks, but it looks at least moderate. The idea is to finish rainbow in a day, keep that in mind.

Day 4 I was hoping to climb the N Face of Cactus Flower Tower into Cactus Connection, traverse the summit Ridge and descend down the South ridge. Or, if it's too much to do that, then first creek descent would be ok. I am going out later this week to find the best way down Mt. Wilson in this manner, I would just like to follow the natural line as much as possible. I figured I could aid the 11b on Cactus Connection, then free the other pitches. Or if Blake Harrington is in the area and wants to do it again...

You should feel comfortable moving over virgin terrain and comfortable with big days.
The traverse will go from Oct. 31st-nov 3rd

Hit me up and lets do this!

Kyle

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply