Mountain Project Logo

Info about out of print New England Bouldering guidebook

Original Post
climberish · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 10

So I've moved away from New England years ago with a perfect 2nd edition New England Bouldering guidebook... I've just been informed that they fetch a decent price on the internet these days. I'm curious what people are actually willing to pay for it?

Jon H · · PC, UT · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 118

You won't know until you try.

You could try posting it here on MP for an outlandish price but you will rightly be ridiculed. You could try posting it on Amazon just under the going price for the current books, but it will likely never sell (those prices are inflated by bots automatically raising against each other in an endless cycle). You could post it on ebay and see what the market will bear, but you will lose 10-12% to fees. Also, a quick search shows that several have been listed over the past 2 months at prices ranging between $116-$200, but none of them sold or even got a single bid.

Or you could post it here on MP for a high, but reasonable price (probably around $45) and it will sell within a day or two. A motivated young climber will be use it and love it to death, and you'll get warm fuzzies in your chest knowing you passed on some good karma and still tripled your initial investment with a book that's been languishing unused in your closet for years.

Scott Everatt · · Maine · Joined May 2015 · Points: 15

If you decide to take the advice given and sell it at 45 let me know. Just moved back to Maine from Tacoma Washington and I would love to have it and I will be sure to put it to good use!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "Info about out of print New England Bouldering…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started