Using Mammut Darn Tough and Evolv for a phishing email scam

Original Post
Bill Kirby · · Baltimore Maryland · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 40

Anyone else get this email yesterday?

When you click on the document it brings up Google email login. My guess is you log in and they go all Mr Robot on your ass. I thought you guys would wanna know just in case.

Scam

Morgan Patterson · · CT · Joined Oct 2009 · Points: 8,332
Bill Kirby wrote:Anyone else get this email yesterday? When you click on the document it brings up Google email login. My guess is you log in and they go all Mr Robot on your ass. I thought you guys would wanna know just in case.
Oh cool... you got my email! Please make sure you login...
Tylerpratt · · Litchfield, Connecticut · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

You said your name was Bill but the email says William. I can no longer trust you.

Jon Miller on the WS · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2008 · Points: 0

So that email is from one of the Colorado reps for those companies. I'm guessing Eric got hacked. Ugg! I'll let him know..

Jon

Eric Poore · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 5

Hey All,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused from my hacked email! If you got an email from me regarding some "Rope hangers" please do not open the attachment. It was not me sending it. If you have something similar happen to you, I would recommend changing your passwords, and setting 2-step verification to increase security on your account. The hackers added a filter to my email causing all my emails to go to trash as well so if you are affected please check your filters to make sure you aren't impacted.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and any trouble this may have caused!

Eric

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply