Mountain Project Logo

Time to Resole my Mythos?

Original Post
JeffMK · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2011 · Points: 240

After a day of edging I noticed one of the soles on my Mythos has started to form a hole. There is still rubber underneath as you can see from the pictures, but I'm wondering if it is better to just get it resoled now? Thanks for any input in advance.

Mythos hole 1

Mythos hole 2
John Wilder · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Feb 2004 · Points: 1,530

Yes.

John Wilder wrote:Yes.
Thank you. Also, since it's only with one shoe, would you have both resoled so that they're the same and to save on shipping, etc?
John Wilder · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Feb 2004 · Points: 1,530

Based on what I can see from the pictures above, the shoe is due for a resole even without the hole, so yes, send the pair in.

In general you want to resole before the rubber is thin enough to get a hole punched in it from climbing.

Russ Keane · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 140

I love my Mythos, but the "thin feel" of the shoe to begin with makes it challenging to determine when it's time to resole.

Russ Keane wrote:I love my Mythos, but the "thin feel" of the shoe to begin with makes it challenging to determine when it's time to resole.
I appreciate the replies, this helped to give clarity. Russ - I was thinking the same thing, which is why I asked about my other shoe, and was pretty surprised that I had already worn through one.
FourT6and2 · · San Francisco, CA · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 45

I always get a hole straight through to my big toe on the Mythos. Like punched right through the rubber and the leather. I love these shoes. But by the time I notice they need a resole, it's too late haha.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply