Short Wall Indian Cove

Original Post
Jamesruiz123 · Oct 7, 2016 · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0
Is there any top rope climbs on short wall that are easily able to be walked up to so I can set up my anchor?

badmoonrising · Oct 8, 2016 · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 80
Absolutely. You can access all of the routes shown in the photo by walking around the right side of the wall and 3rd/4th classing up the backside. Bring some long slings and cord for the top rope anchors. There are no bolts up top, and many of the gear placements for the anchors are several feet back from the edge of the wall.

https://www.mountainproject.com/v/107034317

Locker · Oct 9, 2016 · Yucca Valley, CA · Joined Oct 2002 · Points: 1,635
" Bring some long slings and cord for the top rope anchors"

As in, looooooooong.

Cody Younkin · Oct 9, 2016 · Encinitas, California · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 0
As locker reiterated long, if it gets crowded up there you need even longer slings lengths. I've seen double lengths slings tripled for tr protection up there.

Justin Peacock · Mar 19, 2017 · Denver/Los Angeles · Joined May 2005 · Points: 0
Yeah the whole climber's right side of the wall has lots of opportunity for top rope fun. There's lots of fun stuff to the left, but some of it is more difficult to scramble to.

The only thing I'd add, in addition to the need for super long anchor supplies, is that some edge protection can be handy to give you more flexibility in where you drop ropes.

Don't miss the opportunity for some fun climbing in between the obvious crack lines. There are some good and challenging face/slab lines to enjoy.

Justin Peacock · Mar 19, 2017 · Denver/Los Angeles · Joined May 2005 · Points: 0
BTW, this place is the classic situation for the Joshua Tree top rope anchor system (AMGA system).

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply