Homestead road work help - Saturday, Oct 15

Original Post
Ty Tyler · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 0

Now that the temps are coming down and the monsoon season has passed, I'm headed out to the Homestead to do a little road maintenance work. Hoping to improve it a little more before the season out there really ramps up.

I'll be working starting the morning of Friday, Oct 14 and all day Saturday, Oct 15. Planning to climb on Sunday.

If anyone wants to come give a hand, let me know or just come on out! Bring a few tools too :)

AF & CASA are also planning a bigger Adopt a Crag for Dec 3rd, stay tuned....

Jason Halladay · · Los Alamos, NM · Joined Oct 2005 · Points: 9,851

Thanks for the work from an out-of-state climber that visits the area once a year. Much appreciated!

bump

CTB · · Cave Creek, AZ · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 120

Hey Ty,

My offer still stands from a few months ago. I would be more than happy to bring my bobcat out for the weekend for some heavy lifting. The only catch is I have no way of transporting it down from my shop in Cave Creek. I only drive a tacoma and my trailer is garbage. Maybe there is someone out there with a truck and trailer that can haul 6500 lb and would be willing to haul it for me? I can operate it once its down there.

Hendrixson · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Sep 2007 · Points: 3,205

Thanks Ty, Access Fund, and CASA!

If you can, come give a hand Saturday morning! I'm hoping to reconstruct several of the drainages to ensure water stays off the road & to fill in some of the more severe gullying sections to keep the road more accessible.

Be sure to bring some gloves, sun protection, food and a bunch of water. And if you can, bring a few extra tools (picks, shovels, rock bars, etc) if you have them.

Hope to see a few folks out there and to see what we can get done!

Jonas Salk · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 0

Thanks Ty and Access Fund for making this happen!!

Thanks to Lauren, Aaron and Jeff for coming out on Saturday. We put in about 7 new drainages on the steepest section of road. By no means a complete fix. But hopefully they'll help keep the road from washing away a little longer. Every little bit helps!

More work is needed out there and planned for the Dec 3 event, so mark your calendars and come on out.

Sam Thompson · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 30

Couldn't make it the weekend you were working, but went out there today to hike around. Huge thanks to you guys putting in the work! Road looks amazing. Managed up in my Outback no problem. The dirt felt a little loose coming down, I couldn't brake without sliding six inches one way or another, but hopefully that doesn't impact its longevity as negatively as it felt like.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply