Mountain Project Logo

Pixie Rock

Original Post
Jamesruiz123 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

Are the bolts on top of pixie rock safe? I've heard some things about those bolts failing, and are the routes easily reached from the back to top rope? If not are there any rocks you guys suggest to set up top anchors with bolts?

Don B · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

If you are talking about JTree, the bolts are solid. The routes are reached from the back, up a steep ramp. I would consider it easy, but falling would suck.

Alright cool! The ramp in the back you're talking about is the one in the back to the right in between to rocks right?
And do you know any other top rope spots that are easily reached without leading?

Don B · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

That's it! You can jam the pods on the right side of the ramp for a secure feel. the Thin Wall in Hidden Valley has a few bolted top ropes that are fun. You can scramble up either side. Another fun one is "Spaghetti and Chili (5.7+) on Cyclops rock by HV Campground. it has two bolts up top. you can walk up the back side of Cyclops very easily with no exposure.

Cool thank you! I really appreciate it!

Locker · · Yucca Valley, CA · Joined Oct 2002 · Points: 2,265
"The routes are reached from the back, up a steep ramp. I would consider it easy, but falling would suck."

Or the ramp up the front side that goes at a high 4th/low 5th. Quicker, and though more exposed, easier in my opinion.

As for the anchors, both are still solid.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply