Mountain Project Logo

Just bail you'll be okay financially

Original Post
Lou Cerutti · · Carlsbad, California · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 209
Russ Keane · · Salt Lake · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 392

Wow -- ok -- but where do you submit for reimbursement? I don't see any links and stuff.

Ryan Nevius · · Perchtoldsdorf, AT · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 1,837
Russ Keane wrote:Wow -- ok -- but where do you submit for reimbursement? I don't see any links and stuff.
There were links, both in the Instragram profile and in the post itself: smileysproject.smugmug.com/…

I would assume you use the "contact" form or emails on that site.
FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276
Russ Keane wrote:Wow -- ok -- but where do you submit for reimbursement? I don't see any links and stuff.
Maybe you can contact Mark Smiley through his profile on Instagram?

Fine, yes I understand all that. Seemed like the program was touting itself officially as a "thing" so it occurred to me that the method of contact would have been more openly stated. Just a suggestion.

Tim Lau · · Hendersonville, NC · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 20
Russ Keane wrote:Fine, yes I understand all that. Seemed like the program was touting itself officially as a "thing" so it occurred to me that the method of contact would have been more openly stated. Just a suggestion.
Are you seriously complaining that the dude giving away free stuff in an effort to keep people safe - alive - didn't make it easy enough for you to contact him?

It took me all of 3 mouse clicks to get to his contact page.
JohnnyG · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 10

THANK YOU MARK SMILEY! This is really cool

My dad made the same deal with me when I was starting out...except he offered to buy 2 pieces of gear for every 1 piece I left behind.

I never cashed in on it, but it was pretty smart parenting on his part.

I also remember climbing half dome in the 90's after at storm and finding about 8 bail anchors with two cams each (plus biners and slings). At first I thought the guys who bailed were over-rich idiot cowards. But they only became smarter the more I thought about it.

Stagg54 Taggart · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2006 · Points: 10

Bailed once and ended up losing over $500 worth of gear. That included a rap rope that got stuck and had to be cut, so that was half of it. That also contributed to the other half because then we only had 60 feet of rope left. Made for a lot of anchors. We definitely left 2 pieces at every anchor. After a while we ran out of lockers so we started duct taping regular biners closed.

It was a painful experience, but in a weird way one of my favorite climbs.

Sorry, not so much complaining, but just wondering. Turns out I hadn't seen the text further below which gets a little more into the details.

Intriguing concept. Could be costly!!

Redyns · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 60

i once bailed on a concert that i didn't want to go to.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Just bail you'll be okay financially "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started