City of Rocks Partner Nov. 10ish for a couple of days

Original Post
Katie A. · · Hailey, ID · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

Yes...it will probably be cold, but who doesn't like a good sufferfest?!

I'm moving to Idaho and want to check out my new crag! I'll be around the Twin Falls/Ketchum area Nov. 7th for a couple days and then I wanted to cruise over to the City (weather depending...) on my way to Colorado/Utah.

Can lead up to 5.8 trad, follow 5.10+, have a single rack and 60m rope. Let me know if you want to get after it for a day or two! Thanks!

Amber Smith · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 0

Hey Katie!

I'm Amber! Female climber based in the pacific northwest also leading about 5.8 trad and following 5.10. I have a single rack and rope and will be in the Wasatch area October 18th through 21st. I know you're looking for city of rocks (that place is awesome!) but if you're not already gone to Idaho, I'd love to climb some of the classics.

Take care.

Hey Amber...I'm in California until Nov. 8th, then heading to Idaho, Colorado, then Indian Creek for Thanksgiving.

If you're around, lets try to climb!!

I'm still looking for partners around November 10th! There has been radio silence.

If I don't hear from anyone, I'll probably head towards Boulder :) Thanks guys!

Ryan Hamilton · · Orem · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 0

Katie, just a heads up. There are some tall routes there that require a 70m rope. Be sure to tie knots in the end of your rope if you're unsure of the height. Have Fun, it's an awesome place to climb.

Ben Schaller · · Lander, Wyoming · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 175

Will most likely be out there on Saturday 11/12, welcome to join if you're still around!

Jaron a · · SLC · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 0

I was thinking about heading to the city on the 11th if you're still looking.

Excellent!! The weather should be really nice. I PM'd you guys, so hit me up. I should be there the 11th and 12th.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply