Line between Rock Warrior and Sandstone Samurai

Original Post
Jorge Jordan · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2011 · Points: 20

Does anyone know what the lone bolt ~15ft above the initial slab is, between Sandstone Samurai and Rock Warrior?

Has a quicklink on it. I made the mistake of climbing this directly up, eventually to the point where I was between the SS and RW anchors, and had to traverse slightly down and far right to the proper Rock Warrior anchor.

Felt harder than any of the other pitches on Rock Warrior, pro was X.

Simon W · · Nowhere Land · Joined May 2013 · Points: 20

Pretty sure you were on Sandstone Samurai.

I climbed up to that bolt too and had to do a loong traverse right to get on rock warrior.

It was the only bolt I could see from the ground and the most visible line. The first rock warrior bolt was harder/impossible? to see from the ground and the line appeared possibly more committing right up the middle of the white rock even though it probably isn't.

I remember there being one 5.8ish move getting to the SS bolt with very bad pro

Jorge Jordan · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2011 · Points: 20

Ya maybe. It seemed to me like SS was a little further left of the bolt we're talking about though. I think SS has a bolt where the white slab meets the varnish, and you had to climb past the slab, into the varnish without pro to get to the bolt we're talking about.

Simon W · · Nowhere Land · Joined May 2013 · Points: 20

SS P1

Josh Janes wrote:P1 (5.10d R, 150'): Begin well left of Prince of Darkness and Rock Warrior just right of small pillar of rock that leans against the wall. Scramble up low angle white rock for 50' or so. High up this there is a small slot that could take a cam or two - you might want to place them otherwise this pitch becomes X in a hurry. When the rock steepens, you'll reach the first bolt (barely visible from the ground right where the rock becomes varnished), but clipping it requires an insecure 5.8 move. From here launch up the steep, varnished wall heading generally up and left
Sounds exactly what I climbed to get to the bolt I clipped..
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply