wrist pain after poped a finger pocket

Original Post
Binbin Lu · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

hi, i was wondering if anybody has experienced this also...
i was training on a finger board using my ring and middle finger in the pocket 2 month ago
popped and got immediate pain in my wrist. not very painful but it hurted a lot if i tried to bend my middle and ring finger without bending my index finger...
while bent all the fingers together were fine

after a month, there was no pain anymore trying to bend only ring and middle finger. but it still hurt my wrist when i use those 2 fingers in a pocket with my body weight

so now it has been 2 months, basically it is the same feeling as a month ago, everything is fine except the ring/middle finger pocket

has anyone else experienced this before?
will it eventually heal itself? or i should see a doctor?

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 15
Binbin Lu wrote: i should see a doctor?
Yes, see a doctor if you want an accurate diagnosis.
Allen Sanderson · · Oootah · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 1,115

You probably blew tendons or the sheath, they do not hurt much when they blow but take some time to heal - see an orthopedic.

Binbin Lu · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

thanks for all the suggestions!

FYI, i found this article seems talking exactly the injury

http://www.rockandice.com/rock-climbing-injuries/fingers-blown-tendons

Ryan Hamilton · · Orem · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 0

I actually did this exact thing a few years ago when climbing on limestone pockets in American Fork Canyon. Pulled to hard, fell, and bad wrist pain. I don't remember exactly what it's called, but it had to do with the Ulnar in the wrist. I am lucky in that I have a really good sports med/Chiropractor. He said the injury normally takes about 6 months to fully recover from. He worked on me, injected stuff, and got me back to climbing in 6 weeks. It was still weak for another month after that, or maybe I was just nervous about messing it up again.

Anyway, find a good Sports Med dr. to rehab it. You probably don't need any surgery or anything.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply