Mountain Project Logo

Sick Climbing Video

Original Post
Ben Pontecorvo · · Eugene, OR · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 155
Clint White aka Faulted Geologist · · Lawrence, KS · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 151

I really like how the chalk explodes from under his hand when he slaps that sloper! Maybe I've been doing it wrong all this time!

Kevin Piarulli · · Redmond, OR · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 1,678

I think I almost got clichéd to death. Clearly a toprope @1:42.

Long Ranger · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 619
Danny Poceta · · Canmore · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 98

Don't miss this gem either

youtube.com/watch?v=-Hs8_Tu…

Climb Germany · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 2,505

Wow, that was a film of staggering douchebaggery...

Nick Metzger · · Chattanooga, TN · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 589

His footwork is on point. Use the side of the foot for more surface area. Genius.

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276
Danny P wrote:Don't miss this gem either
Did you see that jingus cam placement at 00:17 seconds?
Gumby King · · The Gym · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 52

This dude is my new climbing hero! Step aside Honnold, Sharma, and Ondra! Lolz

M Santisi · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 1,879
FrankPS wrote: Did you see that jingus cam placement at 00:17 seconds?
Haha to funny. Bomber #2 placed passively.
Pat A · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 20
Danny P wrote:Don't miss this gem either youtube.com/watch?v=-Hs8_Tu…
Definitely in Red Rock can anyone name the route? Looks like first or second pullout somewhere.
Kemper Brightman · · The Old Pueblo, AZ · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 2,971
Pat A wrote: Definitely in Red Rock can anyone name the route? Looks like first or second pullout somewhere.
Its definitely not Crimson Chrysalis but his gear placement skills remind me of what you usually see on that route this time of year.
Clint White aka Faulted Geologist · · Lawrence, KS · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 151
Tim Lutz wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2zITvSp0Hk
Hopefully most of you know to never drink your urine. Your body spent a great deal of energy to filter out these toxins and wastes thru the kidneys. Putting them back in causes the body to lose ground. TV survivalists do really stupid things for ratings. Focus on better breathing (nose) and energy regulation.

I guess we will be seeing more of this as we go beyond the first climbing olympics.
Danny P wrote:Don't miss this gem either youtube.com/watch?v=-Hs8_Tu…
Heh, faced with survival, why are you carrying all this rock gear?!? To go over or around?!? I would guess around is always going to be better and provide more opportunity to find food and water. Hmmm...

The cinematography is obnoxious! Constantly zooming and shaking to engage your fight or flight response. Poor work by Discovery.

I thought Grylls was an old dude, guess I don't watch any TV and it makes me not know who these *stars* are.

That cam placement was neither passive or active at the beginning. The rock wasn't right for passive, and the placement was crammed out. Double fail. Should be deleted from the inter vision webs.
Long Ranger · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 619

Disregard my youtube link - I guess I was lookig for a video, but then found something more interesting!

bob branscomb · · Lander, WY · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 1,198

I'm just exhausted after watching that....all that running and flexing and slapping...have to go take my old guy nap...phew!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Sick Climbing Video"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.