MTB Wheel left @ Kite Lake Trailhead... Come on... we know you have it

Original Post
RevAtom · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 0

Someone left a wheel at the Kite Lake Trailhead. Awesome Coloradans haven't touched it and it is by the bathroom. Don't be a ween and steal it.

Ianswilson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

Thanks man, that is my wheel (I know I was dumb and spacey to leave it). I got a response about it on a FB page as well so I am heading up there tonight so hopefully it is still there!!

Good to hear! It seemed like it belonged on something neat.

Oh yes, Nice work.

I was thinking there might be some brutally good riding up in those parts.

Unfortunately after the good news of it being there by you and others, I drove all the way up and it was not there Monday.

Sigh***

Well I almost took it back to civilization so it would be easier for the person that lost it, to retrieve it... Hopefully that's what happened.. bummer dude

I wish. Haven't heard anything and doubt I will. Luckily insurance will probably help me out and cover most of it since it was an expensive wheel.

Eben Daggett · · Boulder, CO · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 10

RevAtom, that IS what happened, luckily! I found the wheel and figured it would be stolen and sold (I was leaving the TH near dark) so I took it home. Contacted the ranger station about it and posted a lost and found on MTB Project but never thought to look here. I have contacted the owner and hopefully I can get the wheel back to him this week. Better late than never I suppose.

http://www.mtbproject.com/forum/topic/24743/found-bike-wheel-found-at-kite-lake-colorado

Faith has been restored. Nice work Eben.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply