Mountain Project Logo

Recommendations for an instructor / guide in Moab?

Original Post
ConsultedOut · · Park City, UT · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 0

All - will be in Moab for a month starting today... looking for recommendations for an instructor / guide. Or perhaps someone on here who might be interested in offering guide / instructor like services.

Have all our own gear (incl. a full-ish trad rack) and climb ~once/month in the SLC area in the Uintas or Wasatch, but at a much more moderate level than I'd like. Rarely have the time to dedicate to actually improve. With a month in Moab hoping to change that (with adequate time for MTBing and canyoneering of course).

Would like someone who can help show us around a few of the Moab crags, give us some guidance on the technical side (e.g. elevate our rudimentary knowledge of anchor building / rope mgmt), and - most importantly - help us improve our technique.

Ideally, would work with someone for multiple days over the coming month. Maybe once or twice a week.

Glancing over the websites for some of the official outfits, prices are high. Was thinking about just reaching out to the list of AMGA guides in Moab directly, but thought I'd ask here first. Any recs?

Name · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2008 · Points: 25

Contact Red River Adventures. The owner is a certified climber, nice and very well connected in Moab as well as Wasatch.

Tedk · · elliottsburg pa · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 5

MDA. moab desert adventures. i used them back in april. very good to deal with. i got paired up with matt who is very smart and has been climbing for years. i will be using there services again next year

kevin graves · · Mammoth Lakes, CA · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 5

Call Eric Odenthal at Windgate adventures or you can check out website and email Eric at: windgateadventures.com/

Eric is super strong, safe and super fun to climb with. High energy and totally up for towers, great crack climber and has put up tons of new routes in the area. He also may be able to connect you with a partner for days you don't want a guide. You'll love Moab and climbing with Eric is a blast ! Enjoy !

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern Utah Deserts
Post a Reply to "Recommendations for an instructor / guide in Moab?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started