Mountain Project Logo

Round country trip plans

Original Post
Alexandra Reider · · Lancaster, PA · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

For the last couple years I've been saving and preparing to take part in my own trip across the country that's going to last about a year and a half. Climbing has really made a huge change in my life mentally and physically. I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder when I turned 19 along with severe anxiety. I thought my life would come to a halt because of this and I wouldn't be able to complete my goals. Since then I've learned to overcome these obstacles and this trip plays a big part in being an example and inspiration to others that suffer too so they can see they don't have to feel hindered by their disability.

I'm still working on an itinerary. I will be taking off in April. This trip will be mostly done solo with my dog not including the climbers I'll meet up with in different areas. You can read more about my journey and preparation in my blog, and show support through my go fund me or by checking out my shop.

Go fund me: gofundme.com/repmcvqk
Blog: climbingformentalhealth.com
Shop: zazzle.com/climbformentalhe…

If you guys have questions or would like to share your own stories I would love to hear from you. I'd really like to meet up with anyone I can. contact me at climbingformentalhealth@gmail.com

Thanks! -Alex

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Trip Reports
Post a Reply to "Round country trip plans"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started