need a climbing buddy to go to reimer's ranch,austin, tx or HCR Arkansas

Original Post
Caitlin Haerer · · Rowlett, Texas · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

The thirst is real. Its perfect climbing weather and all of my friends only boulder -_- looking for a sport climbing partner!!!! I don't care the skill level, if you don't. i'm not that fantastic but will lead 9s and 10as and follow and clean the harder ones!

apop · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2011 · Points: 0

Hey would you be free to climb Friday 10/7? I'll be visiting a friend and looking for a partner.

Caitlin Haerer · · Rowlett, Texas · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

ummm that depends on where you are looking to climb. sat the 8th would be best. i need time for travel after i get off work on fri

apop · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2011 · Points: 0

Ok ya I was looking for someone to climb with during the day friday at Reimers

Blakevan · · Dallas, TX · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 0

Join the Texas Mountaineers, we go to those places with a group of people and I'm sure you would meet folks willing to book trips outside the normal club stuff.

Johnathan C · · Missouri · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 35

I'm on my way down to Mexico and passing through Austin for a couple days. I'll pm you if we have time to climb and see if you're interested in joining.

greggle · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0
Blakevan wrote:Join the Texas Mountaineers, we go to those places with a group of people and I'm sure you would meet folks willing to book trips outside the normal club stuff.
That's CENTRAL Texas Mountaineers! ;) Actually, join both orgs. But CTM is [mostly] focused on central Texas, which, of course, includes Austin.

I've found the Austin climbing community very welcoming. So much so that I'll drive up to Reimers by myself if I can't find a partner. Just ask if you can take a burn on someone's rope, or if someone will belay you, etc. Easier said than done, I know, especially if you're shy like me. But you'll run into the regulars every weekend, ranging in all skill levels, ages, nationalities, and so on. Good times.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply