Sept CO "Skiing"?

Original Post
Stiles · · the Mountains · Joined May 2003 · Points: 840

Where should l go this week to get in some Spetmenber skiing? Anything goes, long as it has been holding snow all summer

Seth Jones · · New Lenox, IL · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 25
Stiles wrote:Where should l go this week to get in some Spetmenber skiing? Anything goes, long as it has been holding snow all summer
St Mary. .. but it's gonna suck.
Forrest Williams · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 25

^^ Just wait till the season starts. You can usually poke around in the backcountry around thanksgiving. Till then Loveland or abasin will open soon

I was hoping Lambs Slide got enough in this last little squall to cover the ice. North facing couloirs lookin any good in RMNP?

Seth Jones · · New Lenox, IL · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 25
Stiles wrote:I was hoping Lambs Slide got enough in this last little squall to cover the ice. North facing couloirs lookin any good in RMNP?
If by good you mean a little bit of fluff on a heinous ice crust... IMO, you missed couloir season by a few months.
sandrock · · Colorado Springs, CO · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 115

The Sand Dunes

Skiing every month, l am, cuz it takes you places you woulsnt normally go to. Am going to ski on Friday, looking for somewhere to go, if anybody has seen Anything... Last month was Celestial Lotion down by Sneffels, which was more adventure than fun, but it counts as skiing.

Rick Blair · · Denver · Joined Oct 2007 · Points: 268

Maybe Queens Way on Navajo or Arapahoe, I forget, in the Indian peaks.

Also, Mount Massive has one of the largest permanent snow fields in Colorado, Its top might extend above 14000 feet. Sounds like you already know none of it will be particularly good skiing.

Right on! ^ Good input, thank you Blair ^ Indeed, no good skiing to be had, just skiing.

A-K · · Boulder, CO · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 0

I haven't been up there myself this season (missed skiing in august).

But you might be able to get 5-8 turns down the Tyndall Glacier.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply