26-28 Spetember - Almost anywhere...

Original Post
davidbr · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 10

I have the 26th, 27th, and 28th free to climb and would be willing to hit The 'Dacks, New Hampshire, The New, or The Red.

I'm mostly into wide cracks but am willing to swap belays on anything.

Jon.R · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 5

Hi David,

Shot in the dark, but I'm free to climb on the 26th somewhere within a day trip of the DC area. If you were heading to the NRG or RRG I could meet up with you at Seneca?

My deal: currently live in NH, traveling for work near DC and had my shift cancelled on Monday. I've been climbing for ~9 years and lead somewhere in the 11 range on gear.

Jon - thanks for replying t buto my post. I am still looking for a partner Monday but it looks like I'll probably be in The New. I've climbed a fair bit at Seneca over the years but the climbing there doesn't hold a lot of interest for me these days.

Michael- did you get the messages I sent? Think I might have lost connection along the way.

Michael Schneider · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 735
Hey!! Big Dave S are you seeing this?

davidbr wrote:Jon - thanks for replying to bump my post,,,,,,,,,, Michael- did you get the messages I sent? Think I might have lost connection along the way.
ME? No I did not hear from you. Sorry to have only just seen this
I was in-touch with 3 - 4 others searching to climb.I'm always doing that though. If you are planning to head up from the south of the Gunks on a weekend, with the crowds & parking hassle, It may be a similar drive (in hours) to get to good (not great) climbing in both Conneticut & NJ.

The overcrowding that now comes with the double edge of Internet beta is not necessary.
&
There is a real need for visits by climbers to (for fresh rock & ice? Too)
routes in the woods,
there are now a bunch of excellent options.
Zones that are all here on the Data base

https://www.mountainproject.com/v/pinnacle-rock/105877744

as well as a lot more that Require no internet exposure, per agreement,

Some zones once 'off limits'
now, with respectful & careful use, can be climbed, (at)

it seems like ( iINMHO) all of Mass is kinda like that ! ;) that place has it dialed in!

I'd love to meet up with Mike but can't seem to get a message to him...

Michael Schneider · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 735
davidbr wrote:I'd love to meet up with Mike but can't seem to get a message to him...
I sent a message that reads almosa,that Was a strange auto correct typo. Almost always around to climb here in and around Danbury Ct. This is all half pitch climbing with short approaches.
Let's Grab the season it has been super dry and Daves' trundle has been scrubbed clean.
The result is a significantly more committing start. . . . .
I'll say no more.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply