Syncing is broken on iOS

Original Post
bricepollock · · on the road · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 652

I have an iPhone 6s on 9.3.5 with app version 3.20 build 87.

None of my ticks will sync and going to the personal page to tap 'sync now' I get the following error:
"An error occurred while syncing. check your connectivity and try again"

I have both cellular and full wifi so this isn't a cellular issue. It appear no syncing has happened in the background for months since my web account shows no ticks.

Killing and relaunching the app does not help.

Sam Vanderhyden · · Lyons, CO · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 15

Thanks for reporting, I'll take a look at this today. Curious if you can download areas? We've seen a few of these cases before and sometimes its due to a corrupted data store.

scottleach · · Denver, CO · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 40

I'm having the same issue, but I'm not having any problems downloading areas and looking at them.

Acmesalute76 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 55

I had this problem and had to log out then log back in. You will lose anything pending in the app so I added it on the website first.

I have an issue now where I can only delete todos online or they reappear when I sync. Now I just use bookmarks instead.

jon bernhard · · grand junction, co · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 288

Easy Fix...Buy the guide book. Support local authors who need money...

scottleach · · Denver, CO · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 40
Acmesalute76 wrote:I had this problem and had to log out then log back in. You will lose anything pending in the app so I added it on the website first. I have an issue now where I can only delete todos online or they reappear when I sync. Now I just use bookmarks instead.
Logging out then back in worked. My ToDos deleted, but that's okay. I use the bookmarks as well. Thanks!
Laura Catherine · · Knoxville, TN · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 0

I'm having the same problem as the OP. I have had MP for about a year and have never had a successful sync. Any ticks on my profile were added over a PC. Any hope for getting a sync fix soon??

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply