Any GuangZhou climbers on here?

Original Post
amockalypsenow · · San Diego · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 330

Spending. Some time over there for work and would like to get out and climb some shit. Get in touch!

Armelle · · Zhuzhou Hunan province · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

I've lived in China for five years in GuangXi province, I am now moving to Hunan province so Im not exactly local to you however its just 3 hours on the fast train to Guangzhou. Yangshuo is the best place to climb in China which I know well, its also 3 hours on the fast train from my home. For you it's 2.5 hours on the fast train to Guangzhou (you have to go to Guilin). Definatly worth a visit the climbing area is vast, stunning landscapes. I am planning on going weekends regularly. Give me a shout if you want to meet up there sometime. Also have you heard of GeTu? I havent been yet but would like to arrange a trip there sometime ... watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcU255XBlcI

Awesome video ! I will hit you up. I'm going to be spending time in Sichuan also...

Jakob Henz · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

Hi,

I recently moved to Shenzhen and am looking to go up to Yangshuo for a week starting Saturday (Oct 1st), one must make the most of the Chinese national week holiday! Anyone know how difficult it will be to find somewhere to stay seeing as it's a national holiday?

I'll also be needing a climbing partner (who ideally has a rope too, I've got some draws). I'm still a greenhorn climber (9s and 10s) but I'm happy to throw myself at anything if it means I get to climb.

Would also appreciate any info on whether there are climbing spots in China close to Shenzhen, I'd love to be climbing every weekend if possible.

Thanks!

calebmmallory · · Seattle, N.Carolina, &Hong ... · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 175

Haven't done any climbing on the mainland, but over here in HK there is a good number of high quality areas. For this time of year however the name of the game is finding shade. I've heard of remote crags in the New Territories but haven't been out to explore yet.

Hi I am heading to Yangshuo on Oct 5th for 4 days, I have got a 60meter rope and draws, I need a climbing partner too! I have spent the national holiday in Yanshuo before, be warned it's kaos!! Definately arrive before the 1st because otherwise you will get stuck in gridlocked traffic getting in, and also the hotels are all three times the price from Oct 1st - Oct 5th. I am staying at the climbers Inn, booked my room already. Drop me an email at armelle@armelle.co.uk

Conghui Song · · Sugar Land, Texas · Joined May 2014 · Points: 0

If you go to Chengdu or Sichuan between 17-Oct and Nov-3, please hit me up. I might travel to Guangzhou during this period too.

ElaineClimb · · San Jose, CA · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 0

Hi there, I am in Guangzhou this week until Oct 3rd. I am not doing anything this week and would love to climb (indoors or outdoors!) anytime -- Just message me!

On Oct 3, I will head to Yangshuo to climb for the month. I am with beginners the first week of Oct, but the remaining three weeks I will not have a partner. I will camp the first week and then stay at the Climbers Inn for at least one more week. Again, let me know if you are heading that way and would like to climb! I will have a 70m rope and 12 quickdraws with.

Elaine

Jakob Henz · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

Thanks for the info calebmmallory, may try to get some climbing in on my next visa renewal in Hong Kong.

Elaine, I will get to Yangshuo on the 4th and am looking at camping too, but I haven't been able to find any info online. Any idea whether there's a good place close to town to set up camp?

ElaineClimb · · San Jose, CA · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 0

Actually there isn't any real campground close to the main area (so I've heard)
But you can just go and camp out.
So I've heard. (Anyone know anything ?)

we will be somewhat far north away from
The main downtown area camping ......

Anybody want to do some adventuring in the mountains in the vicinity of Chengdu... ie Four Maiden's Mountain (Mt. Siguniangshan)... or others? Anybody know any local climbers there I can get hooked up with?

Hey China Climbers, there is a climbing festival/contest in Chongqing Sichuan province 21st - 23rd Oct, the sponsors will pay for travel expenses for you to partake and put you up. If your keen send me a message I will put you in touch with them. Wechat id: Armelle Burke

Armelle, thanks for the information. I'm not in the competition level but I'm definitely going to take a look.

Hege Quist-Hanssen · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 0

Will be in Chengdu a couple of days from october 30th. Have rope and draws and would love to team up if someone is around?

If not; any recommendations for a gym?

I will be in Chengdu. I checked two gyms already and they are both very small and not much routes set. I want to go outside and I heard there're some places 1-2hours away but not easy to reach but I can ask around.

My local number is +8617181927570. I have only harness shoes and ATC with me.

Cheers,

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply