CPA Climbers - Opportunity in Lander WY

Original Post
D Gold · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 0

Hi all.

I am a CPA working at a mid size firm in the beautiful town of Lander, WY. I moved from Baltimore three years ago to a place where I could climb and continue my career. I have zero regrets. I am able to climb year round at multiple crags within 25 miles of the office (Sinks, Wild Iris). Lander is also in the vicinity of many other great crags (Ten Sleep, Fremont Canyon, etc., UT, ID and CO).

Our firm is currently looking to hire CPAs. The pay is equivalent to what I made while living in Baltimore and the benefits exceed (full health, generous 401k, etc.).

Please let me know if there are any climbers/CPAs who are thinking about relocating to an amazing climbing town. I would be happy to speak to you about the opportunities.

Hope to hear from you,

Dave Goldman,CPA

SMarsh · · NY, NY · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 3

You might fare well with people providing remote services to your firm.

For example, I have a multi-state tax practice, specializing in personal and business taxes for professionals and their families.

D Gold · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 0

I agree that remote work is a great idea. However, we have not done that yet. The firm has had a great deal of trouble recruiting with their current methods. It is very difficult to get professional to move somewhere so remote. However, if you are a passionate climber, there is no better place to live and work. For that reason, I wanted to try something new and reach out to an audience of people who want to live in a place like Lander.

Ken Noyce · · Layton, UT · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 2,037
D Gold wrote:Hi all. I am a CPA working at a mid size firm in the beautiful town of Lander, WY. I moved from Baltimore three years ago to a place where I could climb and continue my career. I have zero regrets. I am able to climb year round at multiple crags within 25 miles of the office (Sinks, Wild Iris). Lander is also in the vicinity of many other great crags (Ten Sleep, Fremont Canyon, etc., UT, ID and CO). Our firm is currently looking to hire CPAs. The pay is equivalent to what I made while living in Baltimore and the benefits exceed (full health, generous 401k, etc.). Please let me know if there are any climbers/CPAs who are thinking about relocating to an amazing climbing town. I would be happy to speak to you about the opportunities. Hope to hear from you, Dave Goldman,CPA
Too bad I'm not a CPA, I'd love to live in Lander!
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply