Mountain Project Logo

Cash Bounty for two stuck ropes near the North Chimney rap on the Diamond

Original Post
thehackattacks · · Park City, UT · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 2,553

My partner and I were doing a double-rope (two 70s) rap down NEAR the North Chimney rap route on the evening of 9/10 when our european-death knot got stuck. I believe we wrapped down INCORRECTLY, however there was a clear trail that forked down to a two bolt-one chain-one rap ring anchor at the top, with more anchors that followed below. Both ropes were irretrievable and we had to leave them in order to not get be-nighted. Climbing BACK up was also not an option. $100 (50 per rope) cash bounty for any good-Samaritan climber who finds, unsticks, packs out and mails these ropes to Park City, UT! One rope is a green Edelweiss Energy, 9.5 mm, bi-pattern. The other one is a thinner, black tagline. They will most likely be found in a long, narrow chimney. I'm still trying to find out exactly what rap route/climbing route this was. Text/call me at 801 503-8094 if you find the ropes. THANKS!

Dr. VARMENT · · Boulder, Colorado · Joined May 2010 · Points: 95

anyone pick this up yet?

Bron-dawg · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 0

I saw those ropes last sunday. After much conversation with my partner we decided to leave them since we couldn't say for sure that somebody wasn't planning on using them.

FYI, the ropes were fine, the knot was just fine right up near the anchor and niether line was stuck in any way. Maybe you were trying to pull the wrong side?

How the fuck did you get down from there?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply