Mountain Project Logo

Auburn Quarry bolts situation

Original Post
James Jaco · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 30

Anyone know the status on some of the bolts on the Scale Wall? I climbed there today and I noticed that a majority if not all the hangers on M&M (5.8) were missing. There are still bolts in the rock with chalk surrounding the bolts, but there are no hangers. I'm just really curious because I know there will be the cave valley climbing fest there in about a month.

Michael Bee · · NorCal · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 296

I climbed there a few weeks ago. Seemed like either there were more bolts than the book said or bolts were missing or hangers were spinning. Not quite 'shit show' status but def bring an extra draw or two for each route and maaaybe a cam to throw in.

lscott991 · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

confirm this, was there 9-12-16 and one bolt/hangar at the top of landslide was missing

Yep. I noticed the solo hanger on landslide as well. My buddy and I climbed it once each and decided that it was too sketchy to do laps on.

I commented on one of their Facebook posts and sent them a message. I'll let you know if I find out anymore information.

Matt Franklin · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 460

bump! CRAGS is going to be out at the quarry this weekend and one of the items on the agenda is to scout out and list missing or manky bolts. We will have a bolt kit with us this weekend and can replace bolts or return hangers but the goal is really to make a list for a larger re-bolting effort to happen next fall. If anyone has any other input on where bolts are in need or replacement etc. please post thanks! Hope to see some of you this Saturday!

facebook.com/events/1890760…

Matt Franklin · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 460

Good info thanks!

Eric L · · Roseville, CA · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 145

Good info.  I'm going on Saturday for the Adopt a crag event.  I have some hangers and will pick up an assortment of nut sizes - been caught by the mm size bolts before (bottom of three finger salute)

Colby Wangler · · Reno · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 321
EricL wrote:

Good info.  I'm going on Saturday for the Adopt a crag event.  I have some hangers and will pick up an assortment of nut sizes - been caught by the mm size bolts before (bottom of three finger salute)

Quality example of how to solve this missing hanger problem! Thanks in advance!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California
Post a Reply to "Auburn Quarry bolts situation"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started