Mountain Project Logo

Garden of the Gods - Soon to be locked up

Original Post
S.Stelli · · Colorado Springs, CO · Joined Dec 2009 · Points: 150

They are planning to install gates at GoG.
I for one, am pissed.

Gates at the Garden

P.Ness129 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

Any idea when they will be up?

S.Stelli · · Colorado Springs, CO · Joined Dec 2009 · Points: 150

The article is vague at best, and they barely touched on the gates. Its another sneak attempt. I'm guessing thier long term plan is similar to what Manitou did (fucked up) with the Incline. Soon we'll be paying $20 to climb at the Garden through some loophole bullshit, even though the Garden was a gift based on the premiseal and promise that it remain free forever.

Jesus Christ · · Bethlehem, PS · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 0

Damn. That would be a huge bummer. I may have climbed New Era more times at night than I did in the day. Although that one time a cop called the fire department to come "rescue" us at night was a bit of a bummer. I wonder what will happen if you are still in the park when they lock up for the night. I guess you're stuck till morning.

Stephen Berwanger · · Montrose, CO · Joined Jun 2007 · Points: 290

Oh no!! Another Pikes Peak debauchery.

Daniel H Bryant · · Colorado Springs, CO · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 320

A gate would only add 5 minutes to the approach.......

Pikes Peak Climbers Alliance · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 5

We spoke with the city parks manager and he assured us the the gates have nothing to do with climbing, at all. The gates are being installed to mitigate illegal activities in the park during non-operational hours i.e. when the park is closed. The gates are there to stop things like street racing and trash dumping. If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to the PPCA via Facebook or email and we will address them the best we can.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Garden of the Gods - Soon to be locked up"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started