Map for "where has been climbing?" shows Canadian routes at province location rather than area location

Original Post
Backwards Eric · Sep 9, 2016 · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 370
Here's an example. For me, the "Where has been climbing?" map is this link: map of ticks

And if you look at the map tag in Canada, it is at the location for Ontario rather than the location for the area within Ontario (Jones Road Cliff).

Nick Wilder · Sep 10, 2016 · The Bubble · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 1,521
That happens when we don't have location data for the areas where you climbed. Go to the area page that contains that climb, click the "Show Us" (the location of this area) button and it will get updated a couple weeks later once the data flows through our caching system.

Backwards Eric · Sep 12, 2016 · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 370
I don't understand. The area page is here:
Jones Road Cliff
and on that page, in the Location spot at the top, it has the GPS Coordinates and even has the View Map link pointing to Google Maps. Am I missing something?

Nick Wilder · Sep 13, 2016 · The Bubble · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 1,521
Crap, I forgot that international routes have another layer of areas in them compared to the US (two actually: the "International" area and then the country), and I have to show those pins differently.

I'll fix this in a week two.

Thanks

Nick Wilder · Sep 15, 2016 · The Bubble · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 1,521
Fixed. Thanks for the notice!

Backwards Eric · Sep 16, 2016 · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 370
Nice job!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply