Southern ADK Rockfest Sept 9-11, Lake George area (Rocksport hosting)

Original Post
Kevin Heckeler · · Upstate New York · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 1,411
SADKRF facebook page

9/9 Friday 4:30PM - Jay Harrison and others will be greeting climbers at Rocksport, located in Glens Falls/Queensbury (Exit 19 off I87, 138 Quaker Rd, Queensbury 12804).

9/10 Saturday - Climbing at various Lake George area crags (Sleeping Beauty, Shelving Rock, Stewart's Ledge, Nubuck/New Buck (Mt))

9/10 Saturday 7PM-ish - Free pizza dinner sponsored by SRCFC

9/11 Sunday - More Lake George area climbing

Good opportunity to check out some of the Southern ADK's best sport climbing (as well as some trad and bouldering). Each area will be chock full of locals to help with beta, etc.

Please direct questions to the SADKRF Facebook page. I'm not involved in the planning or promoting of this event, I only noticed its absence here. You can reply with your questions but I don't know if I can answer them or those who could will be checking MP.
Kevin Heckeler · · Upstate New York · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 1,411

Weather:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=43.4262&lon=-73.7123#.V9LbFfkrK70

Saturday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 78. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 8 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Saturday Night: Showers and thunderstorms likely before 2am, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. South wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Sunday: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8am, then a slight chance of showers between 8am and 2pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 76. West wind 10 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply