Publicly traded rock climbing companies

Original Post
chas c · · pittsburgh,pa · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 0

Hey, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any rock climbing companies that are publicly traded.

I'm aware of black diamond being publicly traded.

Cheers

Redyns · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 0

stick with solid companies with solid products or services, like a BMY, LUV, WAG, IDTI, CMCSA. there's five. get rich.

chas c · · pittsburgh,pa · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 0

Ty matt, but I don't see how any of those are related
To climbing. I agree there is potential for profit on those said stocks. But I'm
Really looking for specifically climbing related companies.

Redyns · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 0

are you trying to get rich in the stock market or pour even more money into companies that aren't attractive as far as equity investments are concerned.

if you want to buy climbing related stocks, i'd suggest any of the large brewers or Liquor companies (Diageo, Constellation Brands, BUD) or Potash (huge in the commercial weed industry). Otherwise, if you feel the need to buy Black Diamond, Liz Claiborne, or VF Brands, you can Venmo some money instead. I'll guarantee you 5% in 2 years. you'll be investing in an actual climber that way.

Christian · · Casa do Cacete · Joined Jul 2005 · Points: 915

There's an old adage in the stock market: "Buy the rumor, sell the news.."

Many, many, many people think they're buying the rumor when they're actually buying the news..

Also, growth in itself is not a sufficient reason for buying a stock. There are many other issues such as: "How much are you paying for that growth?" - "What are the risks that may cause that growth never to materialize?" etc, etc

Look at the surfwear companies: Quiksilver, Billabong, etc.. All the friggin' hype and frothy stock prices they went through when surfing started becoming more mainstream. Take a look at where they are now...

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply