Mountain Project Logo

Boat rock ga

Original Post
Josh P · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 10

I'll be heading up to boat rock in the morning anyone interested in doing some bouldering???

Jeff Mekolites · · Atlanta, GA · Joined Jan 2007 · Points: 5,250
Biggie Fresh wrote:The granite at boat rock is terrible.
Ha Ha!
Brad Caldwell · · Deep in the Jocassee Gorges · Joined May 2010 · Points: 1,400
Jeff Mekolites wrote: Ha Ha!
I couldn't help but laugh out loud at that statement myself! Boat Rock is an awesome boulerfield and one of the most historic bouldering areas in the Southeast, much less the US. Many legends have climbed here over time and one of the first outdoor bouldering comps in the US was held at Boat Rock in 1985. To say that Boat Rock is terrible is simply one person's opinion, but many many others hold the exact opposite opinion! I for one think Boat Rock is an excellent place to boulder, the Float The Boat comp is one of the best bouldering comps in the SE every year and the routes require more thought and problem solving than many of the other SE boulderfields. Its true that the granite isn't as smooth and there aren't as many features compared to other boulderfields around, but to call it terrible is a little extreme IMO compared to what many other generations of boulderers have deemed it over the decades.
Chase Bowman · · Durango, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 1,010

dont hate on Boat Rock... :( Brad said it pretty well. Just bring tape.. lots and lots of tape.

Josh P · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 10

Typical it's the girly type of people that down boat rock.. It's old school graded it's rough on your skin but it's for the real climbers the dedicated ones.. To simply trash talk boat rock speaks a lot about your skill and love for climbing! With people like you boat rock will turn in to another neighborhood and vanish from existence and for that reason alone I head out there at least 2-3 times a year just to do my part to keep it around

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "Boat rock ga"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started