Honeymoon in Southern France September

Original Post
Waveclimb · · LA, CA · Joined Feb 2011 · Points: 215

I'll be in Southern France(Eze) for the next few weeks for my Honeymoon. I'm thinking that I'll mostly climb at La Turbie, but I was wondering if anyone could recommend any other areas that would be nice that time of year. Is La Turbie too hot? Looking for routes in the 5.12ish range. Thanks for any advice.

Jason

dsauerbrun · · Boulder · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 55

www.climbcation.com doesn't have every major french location but it has quite a few. Use the map to narrow results to where you'll be climbing as well as changing the climbing type and months filter.

Disclaimer: I built this site, not as a competitor for mproj but to fill in one of the gaps for mproj which is trip planning.

Still working on adding more world class destinations to the site so if you've been to any that are missing feel free to submit them(there is a link at the top left of the site)

A-K · · Boulder, CO · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 0

We climbed at La Turbie and loved it - can't beat it.

St. Jeannett (juh-nay?) was a great little multi-pitch outing we took from Nice. Highly recommended, can't attest to the weather, we were cooking in May but still had a good time.

Also - we went to the beach at Cap D'Ail and borrowed a paddle board to access some DWS in the cove - that was a blast. The supermodel photoshoot on the beach was a nice addition too but you probably should probably avert your eyes since you're on your honeymoon :).

There was a climbing shop in Nice that was very helpful with local beta, just google it.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply