Mountain Project Logo

Looking for Trad Mentor

Original Post
Michael Cammarata · · Vancouver, WA · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 0

Hello!!

I recently moved to Boulder and am currently residing in the Table Mesa area. I moved here to do a PostDoc in biochemistry. Originally from Texas where there are few places to learn how to trad climb. I would really love to learn from an experienced trad climber. As for what I have climbed so far: I can lead up for ~5.10C and top-rope up to 12a, boulder around a V5 level. I got a taste of bolted crack climbing at Shelf Road and loved it so I feel like trad climbing is where I need to be. I am confident in following and cleaning gear. The only other place I have trad climbed was at the Index mountains near Seattle. Would love to learn the trails up the flat irons and the surrounding areas. Let me know if I sound like a good partner for you.

Thanks,

Michael Cammarata

Aleks Zebastian · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 175

climbing friend,

Daniel H Bryant · · Colorado Springs, CO · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 320
Michael Cammarata wrote:I got a taste of bolted crack climbing at Shelf Road and loved it
Zombie Royal Robbins wants your brains.
Devan Johnson · · RFV · Joined Jun 2006 · Points: 525

I'll be happy to help out, don't let the internet get you down. Obviously plenty of places to learn in your back yard. I'm an hour north, so if you're keen to hit Vedauwoo let me know. I'm occasionally in Eldo/Bocan as well. PM me if you want some more info.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado Partners
Post a Reply to "Looking for Trad Mentor"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started