Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky partner

Original Post
A. Michael · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

This is my first season back to climbing after a 10+ year break. I am climbing mostly at Rockquest, and have made a few trips to RRG with friends. Indoors I am top roping 5.10 with relative ease, and some 5.11s with a fair bit of work. I've not got back on the sharp end yet, but in my previous life I was redpointing up to 5.11a, depending on the locale. The steep climbs like those in the Red were never my forte, so I am having to adjust my expectations and actually train for the first time.

In my previous life I had a good amount of lead and belay experience, leading multi-pitch sport routes, and following multi-pitch trad.

I have a family, and am not interested in injuring myself or anyone else, so I am very deliberate and conscientious.

At this point I am looking for an indoor partner for once a week or so. Either of the Cincinnati gyms are fine with me.

Sandbagger Vance · · Cincinnati, Ohio · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

I climb with a group of climbers that go to Crossroads church. We meet in the lobby of RQ on mondays at 7:30. I'm sure you would be able to find a partner that matches your speed. I known at least one guy in the group that climbs trad. You don't need to be christian to climb with the group, but it helps if you are at least curious about judeo/christian religion.

CrazyLegs · · Cincinnati, OH · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 0

Hey A. Michael

A bunch of climbers from the crew Dylan is talking about, as well as others have a meet-up the first Thursday of every month at Madtree Brewing.

You should come by and meet us there tomorrow! Usually people show around 730-8. Although I'm not the best one to ask about what time to show, I always seem to get there early.

A. Michael · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

Thanks for the replies! I should have mentioned that at this point I will be looking mostly for a lunchtime partner Tues, Thur, Fri. I'm really not a group joiner, but I could check out the meetups one of these times in search of another oddball loner.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply