Mountain Project Logo

SLC partner for September 12-17: Maple, Uintas, bouldering...

Original Post
Vlad S · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 630

My wife and I are going to be in town for a week and are looking for a sport climbing partner. One of us will watch our 3-month old, so essentially only one of us will be climbing at a time. We were thinking of heading to Uintas if the weather doesn't turn on us, go to American Fork or get a hotel room in Nephi (which we'd be happy to split) and clip bolts in Maple. If that fails, we might end up going bouldering to LCC. We are open to any other options as long as there is some shade at the base for the baby. Would be psyched to partner up with some people, especially mid week!

We both have 10+ years of climbing experience each and are pretty safe partners. We can either play ropegun if you are a beginner or give you a catch on your project, so anyone is welcome.

Vlad

Vlad S · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 630

Bump! Still looking for a partner for Thursday, Friday or Saturday. American Fork, Maple, or any other place around SLC that I don't know about.

bus driver · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 705

I'd be up for dragging my kids out Friday afternoon after kindergarten gets out but it would have to be closer to salt lake. Is there anything in big cottonwood that looks interesting to you? Challenge buttress, battalion of the saints area, or dog pile come to mind as easy options to get some climbing done with children in tow. Ferguson canyon is also good but a longer approach (might need some hiking treats to coax the kids up there but it's a pretty nice spot.

Send a pm or reply to this thread.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply