Line X

Original Post
Ice4life · · US · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 335

Has anyone sprayed Line x or rhino lining on their tools? Might attempt it, but wondering if anyone has done it and how well ice does on freezing the grip and making it a shaft of ice, or if its a good to go solution.

Been doing the re wrap and grip tape for years, just wondering. I know some have talked about it, but can't find any details about it, which may mean its a bad idea...

Jon H · · MD/DC · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 123

Gets pretty slick when it's wet. PlastiDip is a much better option. Stays nice and tacky when it's warm or cold, wet or dry.

RockinOut · · NY, NY · Joined May 2010 · Points: 100

If you're looking to protect your tools from rock...say while mix climbing then I'd suggest the rhino liner. But that's for protection, not grip. Like stated above PlastiDip is where it's at for grip.

Ryan Hamilton · · Orem · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 20

Is the plastidip easy to remove if you end up not liking it?

Nick Sweeney · · Spokane, WA · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 650

I haven't used plastidip on my tools, but I did the wheels of my car with it. One of its biggest benefits is how easy it is to apply and remove... really awesome stuff! I never considered putting it on tools, but I might try it out this year.

highaltitudeflatulentexpulsion · · Colorado · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 35

I have two O-rings that I slide a wide piece of heat shrink tubing over. It's pretty sticky, doesn't peel, has good texture, and is super easy to fix if you tear it (mine usually lasts several seasons though). Gotta have a tool that the pinky guard comes off in order to slide it on.

I've busted my ass in the back of a wet Line-X or Rhino lined truck so many times. It seems like a bad idea.

Ice4life · · US · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 335

Ah, thanks for the input. Kinda thought it might get slippery. Usually do the tape thing, but was trying to figure out another alternative. Anyone know what they spray on those reparto axes?

Jon H · · MD/DC · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 123

Call Grivel and ask.

Or just use plasti-dip. It's great.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply