Rumbling Bald or Looking Glass partners, (8/31-9/3)

Original Post
JD Borgeson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 1,045

looking for anyone to climb with in either of these areas. I can climb cracks up to 5.9 or 5.10- and can climb sport up to 5.12. Have a full rack and pads. Will just be bouldering around rumbling bald if I can't find anyone right away!

Also, how's the weather been there?

TomCaldwell · · Clemson, S.C. · Joined Jun 2009 · Points: 2,443

Friggin' hot! Don't go to the Bald. It is full of snakes, chiggers, ticks, and lots of swampy vegetation. It is a winter climbing area because it sits in the sun all day and is low elevation. It can be done, but there are much better options. Looking Glass is one of the better options. We've been getting lots of rain lately, so expect afternoon thunder showers. Start early at the Nose area and head to the North Face after lunch.

If you can't find partners, drive north to the high country and sample some of the bouldering at Grandmother, 221, or Blowing Rock.

JD Borgeson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 1,045

Thanks for the advice! that's basically the story here in Arkansas. haven't climbed outside all summer. but I'm going that way anyway, so I figure I needed to get at least a morning of climbing in. I'm definitely more keen to climb looking glass, but ill check the other areas you mentioned too!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply