Mountain Project Logo

Pictured Rocks, Iowa - Trail Day 2016

Original Post
J. Stark · · Iowa · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 657
Trail Day is coming.

Iowa Climber's Coalition

Pictured Rocks annual trail day - Sept. 17th.

Picture Rocks Annual “Adopt-a-Crag” Cleanup day and Climbers’ Gathering

Saturday Sept. 17th
10:30am – 4:00PM
Rain date Sept. 18th

Please bring gloves, shovels, pick axes, sledge hammers and buckets, if you own one. Contact Alan Grau at (515) 707-4179 / alan_grau@yahoo.com if you have any questions. We will be doing trash pickup and trail improvements on the climbing trail along the river beyond Ship Rock. After the work’s done, join us for our annual ICC meeting and a small gear raffle ($10 per ticket, which also gets you a year’s ICC membership), a chance to get together, and, of course CLIMBING!
Bill McKirgan · · Cedar Rapids, IA · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 503

Sounds like a fun plan Joe.

It's been awhile since I was at Ship Rock, but I was there weekend before last and noticed the excellent grooming work. I look forward to participating in Trail Day this year and will bring my landscaping tools.

Many thanks for your leadership and work, and for promoting this important upcoming event.

Regards,
Bill

PS: Volunteers should remember to clearly mark any tools they bring along to avoid mix-ups.

Great to hear, Bill. I'm looking forward to seeing you there!

Dr. Heath · · LeClaire, IA · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 240

Would love to make it but will be at Palisades for BSA climbing training. Any other plans for the fall? Any movements on Jointersville bouldering area and the ability to do any access trails.

We are working on putting together a trail day for J-Ville! If not this fall then definitely in the spring. I'll post it as soon as I have more details.

Bill McKirgan · · Cedar Rapids, IA · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 503

Looking forward to participating in Trail Day tomorrow or Sunday if we get rained-out.

Finger crossed. The forecast looks good!

Forecast for Trail Day
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply