Mountain Project Logo

Black Cliffs 8/29-9/3

Original Post
Joshua Rapp · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 10

Looking for a partner for Black Rocks or anywhere else near Boise. I've gear and will be camping.

Josh

Old lady H · · Boise, Idaho · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 290

Hey, pm me if you don't get any bites, and we'll see what we can do. I'm no great shakes as a climber, but my son is a solid 10 working on 11.

We've got a huge fire still going nearby (Pioneer), and there were two earlier fires in the area also, although not the black cliffs stretch. Bit singed and still very smoky some days. Don't know where you are on your bike touring, or your route to/from here, but Idaho 21 has been hit pretty hard this year.

Helen (in Boise)

Hey Helen, thank you so much for the info. I hadn't checked into the fires but I'll definitely do that. I plan on taking hwy 20 from Bend, so we'll see. Also, I'd definitely be interested in climbing with you guys, though if the fires are bad I might stay in Oregon for a few more days. I'll let you know!

Josh

Ok. Give us a heads up when it's closer. :-)

Hi Helen, I'll be in Boise tomorrow and can climb Thursday through Saturday if you're available. My number is 6462648563. Hope to hear from you.

Josh

Great to hear from you! We are going out today, but might be sketchy on the other days.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply