How busy is Cirque of the Towers over Labor Day weekend

Original Post
Brett Verhoef · · Northern Utah · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 380

I was thinking of climbing in the Cirque over Labor Day weekend and was curious as to how busy it gets there. I've never climbed in the Cirque so I was thinking of doing the classic moderates like the East Ridge of Wolfs Head and the Northeast Face of Pingora. Am I setting myself up for long waits?

Lindsey Hamm · · durango · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 5

Hey,

I go to the Wind Rivers every year, I have never had a problem with 'lines' out there before. My boyfriend was just out there last week and they had no problems with crowds. You will be fine but Warning to you... I was there last year in September and we ended up being there during its first snow storm, which did not allow us to climb certain routes because of snow and ice. Hope you have good weather.

Linds

fossana · · leeds, ut · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 12,951

I was there last year that weekend. There were 3-4 parties on the E Ridge of Wolf's Head the day I went out, so not really a problem unless you're trying to do a longer link-up and roped up. Similar to what Lindsey said, I've been snowed out of the Tetons the same weekend in the past, but last year was perfect conditions.

Brett Verhoef · · Northern Utah · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 380

Thanks, guys. It sounds not as bad as I thought. If it's good weather it might actually be a really good weekend to go.

LLubchenco · · Lander, wy · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 25

You'll see people out there, but waiting in lines will be out of the ordinary for sure. Don't be alarmed when the parking lot has a ton of cars in it; They're not all climbers! Have fun and send hard!

Matt Thomsen · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 8

I was out there around then last year and it was fine. I got up early and was first in line. It was pretty cold that late in the season. We had rain and snow, so be ready for everything.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply