Mountain Project Logo

November end-early December: Ice-climbing in Canadian Rockies

Original Post
T T Niranjan · · Mumbai Suburban · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 1,615

Hi,

I am looking for a climbing partner with a focus on skill building (waterfall ice leads, but towards the end of the trip if we feel good we could do some multi-pitches too). A person with a similar background as mine (solid rock and alpine climbing experience but very little ice). Depending on your experience, we could get a few days of guided climbing to refresh our ice skills, know each other safely, know the Canmore area, and then climb on our own for a week or so.

Time period: About 10-12 days during the last week of November and early December, based around Canmore (I will be flying into Calgary from the US on a work trip).

My background
I have a few days of ice-climbing instruction as well as independent climbing during 2010-11. I have followed two multi-pitch alpine ice routes: alpine-guides.com/skiing/al… and another comparable climb in the Swiss Alps with my own climbing partner independently. Since then I have only been rock climbing (and significantly improved on rock) but I have not had the chance to get any ice-climbing. And I have never led ice.

Would be great if you bring at least half the group gear (one half rope and 6-8 ice screws and draws); I can bring the other half.

I must add that I am based in Mumbai, I have just started making the plans, so this is far from confirmed, and finding a suitable partner is central to my planning. I won't be making this trip if I don't find a committed climbing partners, hence the reason for posting this early.

Pl reply here or email me at niranjantt@gmail.com

Cheers,
LR

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest Partners
Post a Reply to "November end-early December: Ice-climbing in Ca…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started