Mountain Project Logo

Climbing buddy in Colorado Aug. 13th-17th (Colorado Springs, Denver, Fort Collins)

Original Post
Cam Buss · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 20

I am a rock climber from Virginia and will be taking a road trip out to Colorado with my sister as she needs to attend a cycling camp in Colorado Springs. Obviously the area is known for its amazing climbing. I look up some guided routes on the American Alpine Institute, but they were all pretty expensive for just one person. I was browsing mountain project and there looks like some pretty sweet crags, that I could just show up and climb instead of paying a guide to show me how to belay for the 100th time. I am capable of climbing 5.10 outdoors, but would probably be more comfortable at around 5.9 or below (I used to be in better shape). I have rope, quick draws, and a standard trad rack. Additionally, I would really like to do some easy multi pitch and enjoy the exposure. I have done a little trad multi pitch in North Carolina, but by no means am I an expert with it. I was hoping that someone in the Fort Collins, Denver, or Colorado Springs area could help me out any date between August 13th through the 17th. Or put me in contact with someone who could help me out. Or let me know what crags you think I should try to go to. Thanks so much.

Tradgic Yogurt · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 55

For moderate multi, there's Playin Hooky in Clear Creek for a start. Works much better as a weekday option since it's a fun, popular route. mountainproject.com/v/playi…

Lots of other great options. I'd use the route finder to look for routes at Devils Head, Tiers of Zion, Eldo, and Boulder Canyon for a start.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado Partners
Post a Reply to "Climbing buddy in Colorado Aug. 13th-17th (Colo…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started