Mountain Project Logo

AAC craggin classic 2016 Devil's Lake

Adam Ronchetti · · Madison, WI · Joined May 2011 · Points: 25

I don't know who brought the KFC but that person was a genius.

James Schroeder · · Fort Collins, CO · Joined May 2002 · Points: 3,166
Doug Hemken wrote:So when you self-rescue a car out of Green Valley, do you use a munter-mule?
Nope, you use a beater pickup, a long chain, a tow-rope, and a length of retired gym rope to bridge the gap. And, most importantly, you stay on the black top. The first rule of automotive rescue is the same as the first rule of climbing rescue:

Don't add yourself to the victim count.
Jacob Krenn · · Boulder, CO · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 120
ARonchetti wrote:I don't know who brought the KFC but that person was a genius.
100%! There was also a large bowl of cake frosting supplied by yet another genius!

Big thanks to Dan from Green Valley for pulling out dozens of vehicles (mine included) with his farm tractor, he was a hero for sure!

Can't wait for next years Classic, which will hopefully bring with it some prime Rocktober weather for clinics and comps!
Woodchuck ATC · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 3,280
ARonchetti wrote:I don't know who brought the KFC but that person was a genius.
That would be 'Juggler' who supplied the KFC about an hour into the food fest. As for a big bowl of cake frosting,,,I sure missed that. Would be nice to spread over some bran muffins or the morning pancakes, which it might have been intended for but got put out for dinner by mistake?

I was camping with the girl that brought it and she said it was like funfetti cake mix with water and yogurt or something like that. It was amazing spread on cookies as well.

And no, it was meant for dinner. There were animal crackers to the side to dip.

Jacob Krenn · · Boulder, CO · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 120

Yeah she was telling me it was mixed with yogurt as well. I spread it all over some delicious homemade cookies and it was divine! At least everyone seemed to have a great time despite the funky weather and relentless mud.

ARonchetti wrote:I was camping with the girl that brought it and she said it was like funfetti cake mix with water and yogurt or something like that. It was amazing spread on cookies as well. And no, it was meant for dinner. There were animal crackers to the side to dip.
How did I pass that up,,,,,especially the animal crackers ! I'll blame it on poor lighting and not seeing it.

To be fair, there was a lot of food there. So it was probably easy to miss.

ARonchetti wrote:To be fair, there was a lot of food there. So it was probably easy to miss.
Absolutely! It started off slow, then the pasta salads and more kept showing up and left out to eat well into the evening.....Plenty of food,,I'm for two nights of pot luck,,and skip the food truck service next year.
.Alex. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 30

Had a blast, fell in love with Devil's Lake trad (you know you're crazy when you remember climbing super wet, moss-covered slick quartzite cracks as fun).

Will definitely make an attempt to show up next year, and will probably be heading up more often in the coming months.

Topout of Cleopatra's Needle on Sunday

Burton Lindquist · · Madison, WI · Joined Jan 2002 · Points: 4,215

.Alex. ... some of the best rock and rock routes anywhere.... and when dry....Man! Good temps and cool dry Fall weather is here!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Midwest
Post a Reply to "AAC craggin classic 2016 Devil's Lake"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.