Mountain Project Logo

I got mine at Lower Merced Pass Lake T-shirt

Original Post
Rich zz · · california · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 180
Seth Jones · · New Lenox, IL · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 25
greggle · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

Haha, Add to Cart...

khammer · · Kinda All Over · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 20

I happen to try to sell these. No one has ever bought one.

climbertees.com/product/lod…

Clint White aka Faulted Geologist · · Lawrence, KS · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 158

Woah! Hadn't heard that story yet. The Amazon link had a D.A.B.S. (DArE parody) shirt as well. Can't buy this shit in Kansas.

Eli · · Lives in a truck · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 2,639
khammer wrote:I happen to try to sell these. No one has ever bought one. climbertees.com/product/lod…
I think that even though your pricing is really standard, its going to be hard to get dirty climbers to pay 20$ for a t-shirt. Your designs are great.
Ryan Hamilton · · Orem · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 20
Eli Buzzell wrote: I think that even though your pricing is really standard, its going to be hard to get dirty climbers to pay 20$ for a t-shirt. Your designs are great.
Yeah, you probably need a bunch of climbers that have a fresh load of cash from selling a recently acquired product to sell many of those t-shirts. I would actually buy one if it didn't have the pot leaf on it (which I know is half the point), because I'm a family man and walking around with a pot leaf t-shirt isn't going to work.
Rich zz · · california · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 180

fun fact: this marijuana incident was the inspiration for the movie 'cliffhanger' screenplay by john long.

Clint White aka Faulted Geologist · · Lawrence, KS · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 158
khammer wrote:I happen to try to sell these. No one has ever bought one. climbertees.com/product/lod…
I can't buy your original because:

I didn't get any from...
I wish I coulda been at...
I woulda scored big at...
Damn, I wish I was there in '77 at...

...Lower Merced Lake Pass!

Print on an organic hemp tee and I gots $20 on it!

Thanks for the kind words guys. It's hard to go below $20 as I don't actually touch a t-shirt so each shirt is printed when ordered and shipped by the printing company. Cause I'm a filthy climber too and don't have an address, car, home, girlfriend, schedule.... but I'm in Spain climbing so, things could be worse!

I ended up buying two of these; one for me and one for a friend. As it turns out (in the case of my shirt, anyway), the t-shirt itself is of poor quality. It fits the way I like, yes, but the construction quality is just not there. I'd consider repurchasing if I found one in a cotton-poly blend. Or even all poly.

Relegated to spare-shirt-in-my-car-trunk. Womp-womp...

greggle wrote:I ended up buying two of these; one for me and one for a friend. As it turns out (in the case of my shirt, anyway), the t-shirt itself is of poor quality. It fits the way I like, yes, but the construction quality is just not there. I'd consider repurchasing if I found one in a cotton-poly blend. Or even all poly. Relegated to spare-shirt-in-my-car-trunk. Womp-womp...
Hey greggle, consider checking out my replica here:

climbertees.com/product/lod…

I can assure you that the shirts are nice and quality (although they are definitely a slim, athletic fit). They are 100% ring-spun cotton. If you're interested I can whip up a poly/cotton blend in grey. Let me know! -Kevin
greggle wrote:I ended up buying two of these; one for me and one for a friend. As it turns out (in the case of my shirt, anyway), the t-shirt itself is of poor quality. It fits the way I like, yes, but the construction quality is just not there. I'd consider repurchasing if I found one in a cotton-poly blend. Or even all poly. Relegated to spare-shirt-in-my-car-trunk. Womp-womp...
Cotton: natural fiber, compostable. Actually one of the big 4 GM Monsanto crops -corn, cotton, canola, soybean. Go organic.

Cotton-Poly blend: why? Still absorbs water, not comfy soft from the poly fibers.

Poly or other synthetic: sure, it is safer in the wilderness because it wicks moisture and dries quickly. Only adventure clothes, not urban wear.

Merino wool: doesn't print well, or standard screen goo will not adhere properly, or I wore the threads out of the shirt. Not the last reason. Merino is the stuff.

Hemp: yes. Evolution yes!

Hemp-synthetic blend: no. Frizzy and crap. Found out from some new hemp pants that ended up being a blend. They look worse than my 5 yr old pair.

=======

Go 100% poly, or 100% cotton, or 100% hemp.
khammer wrote: Hey greggle, consider checking out my replica here: climbertees.com/product/lod… I can assure you that the shirts are nice and quality (although they are definitely a slim, athletic fit). They are 100% ring-spun cotton. If you're interested I can whip up a poly/cotton blend in grey. Let me know! -Kevin
Though I do like the fit of the one I have (the yellow), I'm reluctant to pull the trigger on another cotton one.

Your offer to whip up a blend is generous, but I'm worried the fit will be different.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply