Mountain Project Logo

Unlisted routes at Golden Gate Canyon State Park?

Original Post
Brady3 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 15

We went hiking at the park today and did the Mountain Lion Loop Trail. We were just hiking and didn't have any climbing gear, but I knew there were routes in the park so I was looking the whole time. Right off the road across from the Red Barn Picnic Area there is a small out cropping that we came to from the backside (parked at one of the parking lots just before the picnic area) and from the trail it was an easy walk to the top, there we found 3 pairs of anchor bolts (just bolt and hanger, no chain or ring) plus two more bolts that I'm not sure if they were intended for anchors or what. I didn't see any bolts going up the climb, but only looked at them from the top. This is directly above a parking lot so approach would be less than a minute. But then looking on here all the routes listed are on the complete other side of the park.
Anyone know anything about these?

Also while on the North side of the loop there was a large out cropping on the North side of the trail that looked like it might have some stuff on it. Has anyone climbed here? It was only 20 yards off the trail and probably 2 pitches. I don't know where it was exactly on the trail, but if you hike the trail you will see it. It did look like the tallest buttress would be the only one for potential climbing, the rest was low angle and blocky.

Tony T · · Denver, CO · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 45

Nope. Nothing to see there...

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Unlisted routes at Golden Gate Canyon State Park?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started