Croatia - Looking for climbing partners

Original Post
Gavin Echterling · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 95

Hey!

I'm a single traveler and will be in Split, Croatia starting this weekend. After this weekend I have no plans and would like to get some climbing in during my time in Croatia.

I have a harness, shoes, a belay device, and pair of slings used for a PAS. Other than that I have no gear or rope.

I'm an avid sport leader, though my months of travel have done a number on my max difficulty. I would say at this point I could manage to lead 5.10+ and perhaps 5.11- (6b or so) if I'm lucky and the grades are somewhat soft. I'm also experienced in multipitch climbing, but mostly with sport bolted multi pitch.

I'm VERY interested in find some Deep Water Solo'ing while there, so any beta on that will be most appreciated!

Though I'm inexperience with trad, I wouldn't mind giving it a go if I could find some trad folks to climb with. I've lead only 5 trad pitches. I'd say my max leading ability there would be about 5.9 (5b)

A little about me: I'm 26 years old, lived in Austin, TX, for the past four years where I began my climbing career. Left Austin at the beginning of February to begin my dream of long term world travel. Here I am, 4 months in! I'm pretty good company, your typical chill, low key climber dude.

Anyone going to be climbing in Croatia and wouldn't mind having me tag along?
Anyone know a place I can visit in Croatia to find climbers?

Cheers!
Gavin Echterling

Shane Lonergan · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 0

Hi Gavin,

Are you still in the Split area? I'm around and would be up for some climbing!

Shane

dsauerbrun · · Boulder · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 5

I'm solo, will be bringing a rope and draws, and I lead 5.11b.

I'll be in paklenica/split(mostly paklenica) from sept 15th-27th.

If my dates match up shoot me a pm!

Leanna Gingras · · Seattle · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

I'm a solo traveler, hanging out at Paklenica at the moment. Moving on to Split (Omis) & Hvar soon. I need a climbing partner! I have all the sport climbing gear and am currently leading more mellow routes (6a-6a+), happy to clean, top-rope or just belay your harder projects.

Violet Thumlert · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Looking for a climbing partner. My husband and I are in omis from may 23-30. We have two very young boys so would just tag off and hope to find someone to climb with one of us while the other looks after the boys 

Scott leads around 6c/7a and I top rope up to 6c ish. We have a rope and draws. 

Thanks,

Violet

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply