Mountain Project Logo

Looking for Gunks partner daily

Original Post
Isha bailey · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 30

Hi. I'm pretty new in mountain project so I don't have any routes that are ticked on here, it would be pretty hard to trace all of them, how do I even start? Anyway, im looking for gunks partner particularly on weekdays. I had just led my first three routes on trad the other day and I'm looking to gain more knowledge in gear placement. I follow up until 5.9 in the gunks. I'll climb anything, anywhere, anytime. From easy to hard, I'll get up on anything or at least try anything. I think I'm going through this fanatic stage where all I wanna do on my free time is climb climb climb & but I still enjoy long walks on the beach and have corny jokes. ( Damn I feel like I'm on a dating website hahaha) I have a pretty flexible schedule for work that I can change if given 2-3 days in advance notice, so if you're a weekend warrior, I can work around that as well. I'm also just really keen on getting a lot of mileage in. And if anyone's patient enough, care to share any wisdom on an aspiring trad leader? :) Also.. Does anybody know a website of some sort that would aid me for finding partners solely for the gunks?? And oh, I also climb in the powerlinez

Medic741 · · Des Moines, IA (WTF) · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 265

What town do you live in? If you're near Poughkeepsie gravity vault is a great place to meet partners for the Gunks

I live in jersey at the moment , only just about an hour away

EricBacus · · Kingston, ny · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 45

I climb Monday-Wednesday in Summer and Tuesday-Wednesday in fall. Usually I try to get out 1-2 times a week. Lemmie know if you wanna get out!

Sarah G · · Boston, MA · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 0

I will be in NY from the 16th - 24th with a pretty blank schedule and looking to do as much climbing as possible! PM me if you wanna work something out.

Sweet! PM's sent!

Mike Baranowski · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 0

Hi Isha I'm in the area and looking for a regular climbing partner and have similar schedule flexibility. I also would like to do more regular climbing this years I just got my season pass and would like to make good use of it this time. Let me know if you're available at all this week.

Sent you a PM mike. I'm down to climb this Monday coming up

Mike Baranowski · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 0

Hi Isha I'm sorry I'm just not all that familiar with this site as yet and don't know what a PM is. I don't have a Facebook page if that's what you mean? If you need to contact me please feel free to text me at 8456994465 or email me directly. I can't climb Mon unfortunately as I'll just be getting off that morning, but perhaps Tues? Looks like Sarah will be around to climb later this month which I will be away during that time. Hopefully all of us on here looking for partners can get together and get some climbing in!

BryanOC · · All over · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 5

I know it's going to be a little wet, but I want to climb tomorrow!! I came all the way out here from California so i'd rather climb slightly wet rock and not climb at all. I have a full rack but I was not able to fit my rope in my luggage. As long as you're a safe lead belayer I can teach some trad skills.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "Looking for Gunks partner daily "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started