Mountain Project Logo

Is there any hardboot snowboarders left in the world?

Original Post
Stormannorman · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 10

Sorry new here, but was looking to connect and chat with some hardcore hard board snow boarders if there are any left in the world?

Hard boot snow board

Hardboot
BigB · · Red Rock, NV · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 340

I'm switching my splitter to hard boots this season for efficiency

Did anybody tell you that you look like Clint Eastwood?

You will have to get a carve board and go to the ski field and lay a few turns right over, like lying in the snow over. They take a bit of getting use to the hard boots. I just use soft flex ski touring boots and have the back boot in walk mode and the front locked in. Do they sell touring hard boot snow boarding bindings?

MacksWhineturd · · Squaw · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

Hey look mah, he's snowboarding in ski boots!!
Most snowboarders I know just accept that they will need crampons when skiers feel secure with our uncomfortable plastic boots.

Or they ride a carving board and can get their face inches from the snow, looks fun! Definitely a dying breed.

JohnSol · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 15

I am not of the breed, but decidedly not dieing

The tech binding is just that good

BigB · · Red Rock, NV · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 340

I just leave this.... here :)

splitboard.com/

Bill Kirby · · Baltimore Maryland · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 480
BigB wrote:I just leave this.... here :) splitboard.com/
Sweet! Watched the thing on Jumbo. I sure would like to get back there.

You guys are missing the ball. You just can't beat that feeling of laying it right over now can ya fellas. :) It has got to be pretty good conditions to be able to ride the carving board in the back country in New Zealand but when it's on its on.

Oh well men, ten cens last night, lifts open at 8, better boost. Ceya up there.

OldManRiver · · Cottonwood Heights, UT · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 95
Scott McMahon · · Boulder, CO · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 1,425

I finally switched over to a pair of fitwells. Pricey, but if you are buying ski boots anyways.

Fitwells
OldManRiver · · Cottonwood Heights, UT · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 95

how is the weight and lateral support while skinning?

On what, a carving board? Non existent mate. It is all boot pack on those things. Just put a boot pack in and lap it out.

Ryan202 · · West Jordan, UT · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 130

I've got a pair of Dynafit TLT6 with Phantom bindings. Very pricey, though. I got them mainly for spring touring.

Voile makes the mountain plates that have the toe and heel bails. They're higher off the board but significantly cheaper. I just didn't want the plates, so I gave Phantom bindings a try.

For me, the TLT6 are definitely not a winter boot. I got a little bit of frost bite on the end my toe; another friend had several toes frost bitten (only the ends of the toe, so the dead skin just sloughed off after a couple weeks).

Used them up Mt Nebo in the Wasatch back in June; they were great for kicking steps and crampons, as any hardboot would be.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Is there any hardboot snowboarders left in the…"
in the Community Forum