Mountain Project Logo

New towers Hunter canyon

Original Post
Aaron D White · · Provo, UT · Joined May 2009 · Points: 361

Looking for some info on a new tower I put a route on in Hunter canyon in the Kane springs area. mountainproject.com/v/hunte… There are two other towers in the area we put FA's on but when I got to the top of the third tower there was a small carin and about 30 feet of sun bleached webbing wrapped around part of the top with a knot a little bigger then a softball in it.

Huntsman Tower

Hoping to find out if it has a name or who climbed it first, I didn't see any obvious signs hat it had been climbed while I was looking for a way to get to the top, there is a 15 foot section towards the top that is either super blank or steep without a good crack system. It would be possible to access it from the rim of the canyon that is about a 20-30 foot gap with some trickery.

This is the route we put up

Roy Suggett · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 8,821

Well done! Though not likely, I do hope you find the FAist.

Josh Janes · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2001 · Points: 9,954

Well done? Maybe... they're bolt ladders. And, it sounds like someone else did one of them before without any fixed gear at all. They look fun though.

Which of the towers had the cairn?

The one with the Carin was on top was the Huntsman tower shown in the photo above. Like I said before I was super surprised when I got up on top to see the carin I need to get back up there and investigate a little closer to see how they might have topped out.

josh holmes · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2008 · Points: 215

There are some people who do not care to record their ascents, sometimes taking great steps to erase any signs of their passage.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern Utah Deserts
Post a Reply to "New towers Hunter canyon"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.