LOST: Metolius Nut Tool in Linville Gorge, NC

Original Post
SpreadsheetDirtbags · Jun 20, 2016 · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 0
Missing nut tool, arrow identifies bashy hat

We were climbing 'Good Heavens' in the Amphitheater in Linville Gorge, NC on 06/19/2016 when I made the genius move of dropping my nut tool (we were very much alone out there so I am confident no one got hurt). I dropped it from the first few moves in the second pitch, it fell past the first belay and kept bouncing. It is likely a lost cause given the absolute jungle of death-thorns that is the foliage at the base of the route. However! If you happen to see a metolius nut tool that is missing its 'bashy hat' (see photo) somewhere in the vicinity of Good Heavens, let us know!!

Thanks.

. · Jun 20, 2016 · Asheville NC · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 240
Ha, we did that climb yesterday too, pretty sure we were ahead of you though, hit the rock about 8am. Good luck finding the tool.

SpreadsheetDirtbags · Jun 20, 2016 · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 0
Ah yes, you were ahead of us! Normally we are sunrise starters but the 'coffee spot' that morning was just so good that we stalled climbing until ~11. Hope you had fun!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply